Friday, October 26, 2007

Sports

I never imagined i would be writing about a sport, any sport for that matter
ever. It has never inspired me enough to write about. But you see paradox never ceases to be a part of me :)

Standing before you as an American football fan.
New England 'Patriots' is my favourite team.
New York 'Giants' come second but that has got to do with
the fact that they are closest to my new 'Hometown' i suppose.

Questions like what does it take to be a Quarterback?
A Running back? pop into my head.
I genuinely admire the game.
I who was just a notch above a sports hater!
Can't take it for more than 45 minutes.
Used to be a fickle minded cricket lover. Never gave my heart to it completely.
Used to enjoy tennis only if the game is exceptionally good
or the player is!

When i was reading 'Playing for pizza' i did not realise i was beginning to like the sport. It happened so unconsciouly.
The novel is full of descriptions about American Football since the lead is a professional NFL Quaterback who is playing in Italy and for Italy!
Thankfully i have a living, walking sports dictionary at home.
I was eating his head until I
graduated from an illeterate to a... grade B i suppose in about 4 days.
( yes i'm just trying to be modest ;))

Hate to be a book spoiler, so nothing much about the book itself.
Looks casual, is meant for casual reading but had the power to convert me!
It is fun. Real fun.
Lots and lots of food, wine, Opera and CHEESE,
I would've added pounds just reading about them.
A sneak peak into the real Italy with its people in flesh and blood.

Yes, give it up fellas, give it up for American Football!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home