Friday, April 13, 2007

Traveling, without moving an inch

A typical Sunday morning at home.

My daughter goes round'n round in her cycle inside the house! not the 3 wheeler, a two-wheeler mind you.
My dad is watching T.V switching between NDTV profit and 'the Cricket channel'
Aravind is with the newspaper. Looks up only when the news on T.V is atleast remotely connected to cricket. And i'm thinking, what to cook?
Dreading to go inside the kitchen with the temp. reaching 40 degrees.

As the song goes ' To have you by my side, all i have to do is dream'
all i need to do, to take a break is pick up my book.
I'm now reading 'The Mayor of Casterbridge'.
I try hard to remember the page no.
I never can, you see. I flip through and i finally reach the page.
It is amazing how the scene suddenly shifts to a different world.
I'm sitting with Mr. Henchard and Farfrae looking at the barn over a mug of hot coffee listening to them intently.
I have travelled back in time, to a place that i have created along with Thomas Hardy ofcourse.
And now, I read. Forgetting where i'm and who i'm.
A willing suspension i should say.
I read on until my present brings me back and i slide into it with ease as well.
Blessed are those who have taken to reading don't you think?
And God bless those who write.

2 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Cruel Intentions said...

"God Bless those who Write" how about the ones who Live? :)

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Preethi said...

They are already blessed. They are alive!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home