Monday, January 28, 2008

I want you now, here
I want you to cherish me
I want you to love me
I want you to trample me
I wish to be crushed by you,
only by you
‘cos i want to know you completely
I want you to feel me in every emotion
I want to see you in every act
I want you to throw me out
‘cos the wait to return to you
is unmatchable.
I could almost die for that ‘wait’
but NO
I want to die for you,
only you
I want you to possess me
in death too.
I want you to give me pain
because i don’t want to
leave anything of you untouched
I want you as a man,
a complete man,
who has both love and hate for me
for i’ll be jealous of those
who you hate
Because you are thinking only
of them when you hate
But, i want to be thought by you
at every waking moment
You have to have me possessed
all the time, all day
Both love and hate of yours
should have me, only me,
and anything in between
and beyond them too
I want to submit myself to you,
only you
I want you to hold the key
of my very existence
I want you to handle me without caution
as careless as possible
only then
can i be a granted thing to you
you’ll have the power to do
anything to me
and you’ll do anything,
because i want to be handled by you,
only you
without any thought, any dignity
any reasoning
because if you think of them
i’ll be jealous of them too.
I want to seep into your existence
into you
as yourself.
You’ll love, hate, cheat, punish,
submit, analyze, deprive
and all the other things that
you do,
I want you to do it to me,
because i want to reach your soul
I want to get into it
and wait for you
to do anything to it
Just anything
Because only then
will i be you
and you can call me, I.



Yes i penned it. A long time ago.
The title of this shud be.....
Dominique to Roark...

9 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger ceedy said...

well it perfect but to me it shows a very weak soul - who existence depends on submission to and complete approval of the other....

(sorry but thats what I read!!!)

but a good thouhgt - an eternal struggle between the humble "me" and egoistic "I"

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Preethi said...

So be it. Don't apologise man! It is not me or anyone i know. just a poem on what might go on in the mind of a totally obsessed person/ extreme love. I enjoyed the experience of writing this totally.... so don't dwell on the character of this person. Tell me how the poem is?

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger ceedy said...

phew!!!!!Glad its not real.... I was just worried for your husband for a moment !!!!(kidding)

no very well captured - parts of it I can relate to very well (hope you get what I mean) - sometimes personal insecurities are projected on someone else...

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Preethi said...

Good. Yes i get it. Got to know more about you thru solitaire's post....
i wrote this 8 yrs ago. When i finished reading 'fountainhead' when in college. Found all the chrs insane. so this was a try to think like her in a twisted way...

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Cosmic Joy said...

It's hard to pen down such a long poem, and to maintain the focus on the subject (I and You), but you have done it very nicely!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Preethi said...

wow.. I am both enamored and terrified.. it sounds so crazy..and yet so beautiful.. so pure and yet so twisted!! Lovely work!!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Preethi said...

@ cosmic: I remained in that state until the time i finished the book! Imagine that!

@ preethi: thank u! That was my precise idea. To write something raw. feels good that you recognised it.

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger Romila said...

Moved by this poem. Thought it was from you to your husband:)

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Preethi said...

@ romila: how sweet! nah! i'm not even close to the one described! Her name is 'Dominique' :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home