Friday, January 18, 2008

A comment from the author in my BLOG!!

There are a few days in one's life my friends when the cosmos works its magic entirely to make you happy!
I think we generally live all our other days in anticipation of this day.
What will this special day bring us?
A call from a long lost friend, some unexpected money from somewhere, a beautiful gesture from the one you love or a totally unexpected wonderful comment on your BLOG which just brightens your day! :)
In my case a comment from the author of a book that i previewd
We Came in Peace for all Mankind- the untold story of the Apollo 11 silicon disc
by Tahir Rahman...
just two posts before. Click the link The other silicon disc to take a look at my post and below is the comment i recieved. I feel somewhere close to feeling honoured....

The comment by the author Tahir Rahman himself...

Thanks for your interest Preeth. Nice blog! I hope that my book makes people aware that the moon landing was definitely real. Young people seem to have lost the reality check here. I have met many of the 12 moonwalkers including Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin. They really did go to the Moon!

The silicon disc has many messages from the world. I like the fact that there are messages from India, Pakistan, Israel, many Arab nations, the Vatican, etc.

My parents immigrated to the U.S. from Pakistan in the 1960's. The moon landing was mankinds greatest adventure. It is my hope that the worlds unites again for mankind's next great adventure into the heavens.

Tahir Rahman, author of We Came in Peace for all Mankind- the untold story of the Apollo 11 silicon disc


Wow! What do you know! I sure i'm going to pick that book up. A review of that will be posted here as well.


13 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger ceedy said...

hey that was really nice of him....

good going :)

btw ready for the weekend - football.....i read you are supporting NE and I dont blame you...they are playing with all their wits and senses :)

well best of luck and enjoy :)

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Compassion Unlimitted said...

elated !! your every word spells that..hv a great time..
TC
CU

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger KP said...

Its nice of the author to respond and give u feed back....

Well I do look forward to the review post......;)

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Preethi said...

Wow... that truly did make your day!! It was really nice of him!!! :)

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Preethi said...

Yes, i know :)
This weekend of course is gonna be popcorns and that drinking stuff that is so popular he heee. can't wait 4 the game. But i know the outcome tho'. No surprises there! I see that you are in for it 'for the game'.

@CU
preethi
Deepali
Thanks for participating in my quirky happy feeling :)

@kp:Review...yes... it is goin to take a while. Have a list of books to finish. mm....

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Preeth-

Please leave me a contact address here, and I will mail you a free signed copy!

info@silicondisc.com
913-338-0400

Tair Rahman
www.silicondisc.com

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger Solitaire said...

Boy oh boy!

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Reeta Skeeter said...

Wow! What more could you have asked for?!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Preethi said...

@ silicon disc: This is indeed very nice of you sir. To be honest with you, I'm in a dillema. I'm a kind of person who finds it difficult to accept gifts. But it is such a nice gesture from you. I will leave my address there. Please keep visiting my space. Cheers.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Preethi said...

@ solitaire: you betcha!

@ reeta skeeter: I thought so too. But i'm getting a free signed copy of the book. :) Another happy happy day .....

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger ceedy said...

@silicondisc
Sir that was a marvellous gesture :)

@preeth

cool right - well i read your comment about not accepting gifts - if you dont mind - can i suggest smg - i usually donate the same amount to a charity....as i dont beleive in receiving gifts too....

and a signed copy of any book...well its valuable - i have some three -four books - very recent being one from bill clinton :)

well now i hope you enjoy the game even more - and i do really like brady's bunch.....but have to be diplomatic or else the "goliaths" will crush me - the poor "david"

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Reeta Skeeter said...

yayyy!!! congrats! :D double bonanza ;)

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Preethi said...

@ poor david: ;) well, we won man. Yipee. Will crush KP ;) in about 2 weeks. he heee (Kp, r u watching?!!)

BTW, I will be getting the book nytime now. Thanx for ur inputs on that.

@ reeta skeeter: yep yep yep....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home