Wednesday, November 28, 2007

All about my darling!

As i was going through my posts today i realised that the posts i most enjoyed writing about
were about my daughter Tanya. There is something about the way kids grow that makes you want to cry and laugh at the same time.
I miss her early years. But entertainment never stops ;)

She has now started telling us stories. Her own stories.
Her stories are never complete without a dinosaur and a monkey. (Aliens are a new addition thanks to Ben 10) We'll pop up here and there of course. One thing that surprised me the most was that she is not always the heroine of her stories. You would think that a 3 year old will like that very much. But she doesn't seem to mind getting hurt and someone else saving her!
And her stories i realised are very detail oriented and action packed. Big, small, dark, blue, red, a lot of kicking, jumping and running. By now, she gets all excited and jumps down from my lap and uses her hands, legs, eyes and movements and brings her story alive. 

After she's done, we clap our hands, totally amazed and blissfully happy. She is beaming now and for some reason runs blindly, throws herself at the sofa and hides her face, laughing! Is that shyness i see? By now i sense a small lump in my throat. 

She is a big girl now, isn't she?





  

8 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger ceedy said...

hi, thanks for visitng my blog...you have a good blog too, will visit you again....

i kinda browsed thru your posts and honestly this last post sums it all up "all about my darling"....

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Preethi said...

Thank you for dropping by. Do keep visiting :)

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Compassion Unlimitted said...

Hi proud mama..I know its a beautiful phase when the baby grows into a child and naughtiness personified..Enjoy every minute and record it in your mind..its beautiful to recall later..
Great..Thanks for leaving your imprints in my blog..keep coming
TC
CU

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger KP said...

nice post...:) reminds me of my niece and nephew...when i visit them....they have so much to tell me....sometimes it makes me feel like...i wish i was kid again..:)

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Preethi said...

@ compassion unlimited: I sure i'm doing that:) Can't put a price on that right? thanks for dropping by. Do keep coming.

@kp: Yep. Kids have a way of bringing us to our knees! :) Crawl and play with them before they grow big. :)

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Solitaire said...

People often say that I am animated when I tell my stories and that amuses them. I think they see me like you see Tanya. Its not bad is it? To not have the child in you grow up?

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Preethi said...

Absolutely right. Sometimes that's the only thing that keeps you sane. Happy kidding around ;)

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Whiterays said...

Aaaaw how sweeet...esp the last few lines. But 3 is still a very small and equally adorable age Preethi..I am sure you just can't get enough of her now. cheerio :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home