Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Clouds..gray silver white..magic

There is magic in this world.
You can find it everywhere if you but take the effort to
sprinkle a little of the heavenly dust on your eyes, don't you think?

I realised this in the most beautiful way possible.
After having moved here, there has been much to see.
Our home is very close to a beautiful riverside walk path.
The other side of the river being the New York City itself.
If you enjoy watching skylines, this is a place to be.
About two weeks back, real Autumn started setting in.
I could see the subtle changes in the clothing.
Boots, Scarfs and mild jackets were popping here and there.
I knew that the trees would soon start changing their colours
and i was at the fag end of everything green.
Lets say i was lamenting a wee bit on the windy days ahead and the frosty
ones that'll soon follow.
With such murky thoughts i was taking a long walk by the riverside
with my daughter and i saw something that in a way brought about a change
It gave me such pure delight and humbled me in a way that was an affirmation of the existence of something superior whose fingers touch upon us when you least expect it.

I saw bundles of clouds, black and gray with golden rims twirling and lingering on all the tall buildings of the New York City.
I have always associated clouds with mountains, blue green and white.
But this was a sight to behold.
White wisps hopping from The Empire State to Chrysler to Metlife and a few other odd tall buildings as if they were dancing in this wonder themselves.
I wanted to grab the passers-by and share this rare moment.
The buildings which always looked lonely dressed in gray suddenly found themselves in the company of rolls of clouds hugging them tight.
I'm sure it must've been the best days of the buildings there and they wait every year for these foggy days.
What can i say?
I felt blessed to be there and witness such intimate moments.
Then i thought soon these buildings will be snow-capped!
My own snow-capped mountains just down the road and across the river.
I shall now wait.
Wait for thsoe frosty days ahead!

4 Comments:

At 2:52 AM, Blogger Salomie said...

This was like gazing at a painting!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Preethi said...

Thanks. It looked like one too.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Whiterays said...

Magical post..you almost had me visualize the place. :)

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Preethi said...

Thank you. Yes, i didn't have a camera on me on that day! tried to compensate :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home