My own 'Kindle'
I will tell you how i came about to owning one in about a minute, before that comes the story...
When 'Kindle' was first introduced, i was very skeptical, mainly due to the fact that it was new. I generally don't take to new things that easily, bit of a 'old hag' syndrome here... but that's how i felt when the digital book was introduced. Besides i felt the digitalizing of classics especially as some kind of a nameless violation...
But everytime I was in the stores, I invariably wound up in the area where 'E-reader' was around.
I would turn around and say, "Oh! look at that! How in the world did i land up here? Since i'm here and having nothing else to do, let me just see how it works."
Fiddling, fairly impressed, still said, "Hmmmm.... looks nice but wouldn't feel like holding a book now, will it? It's just another technology that's going to die soon"
Once or twice my better half (yes, i honestly think he is better! :)) seeing how i 'accidentally' landed up around 'Kindle like e-reader' every time we went to an electronic store asked, "Are you sure you don't want to buy it? You seem to like it a lot."
Me: How in the world did you ever get that idea? I'm just looking. Just browsing the aisle. Reading a book on a screen will never match up to the real thing... no way.
This pretty much silences 'the man'. Although at hind sight now, I think he seems to be a better judge of me!
So one fine morning, I get a package from someone who had no idea about this constant struggle that had been happening....... Yup, got 'Kindle' as a gift from my dear brother! :) And people i tell you i was super duper happy ..... Thank you bro! Sometimes you don't know how much you really wanted something until you got it.
It has been 5 days since i got 'My Kindle' and the verdict... "LOVE IT"
1. It REALLY does feel like you are reading a book and it is easier since you don't need to remember the page number! *winks*
2. It's extremely light weight, so it doesn't tire your hands.
3. You can lie down and read! Special ((hugs))
4. There are way too many free e-books. I have downloaded many classics for myself.
5. Operating it is simple and it feels like Mac. (A quality i personally endorse)
6. Finally I read somewhere that if you own a kindle/ sony reader, it just means you love technology more than you love books! Personally, this comment was my deterrent. Now I can truly say that this is not at all true. In fact it is quite the opposite.
PS: Kindle, Coffee and Manhattan by the hudson ...... my own heaven!