Saturday, April 26, 2008

Updates and more....

So, one really good thing that's come out of my 'hibernation'....(as Nancy has put it! :))
Got to read one month of Calvin & Hobbes in one go! :) he heeeee

Now coming to the promised updates.
I GOT A JOB! YIPEE......
Well it has been 3 weeks since i've started working....
I thought it was going to be extremely difficult in the beginning.
Tanya's school, cooking and working, dropping her off in school, picking her up......
But i have to tell you, everything has fallen into it's place
Reaching office in time is something that i'm still working on! *winks*  *winks*

So what am i working as?
'A Recruiter'! in a Consultancy. How rewarding! Yes?
Getting jobs to other people... 
Anybody (living in US) looking for a job in the IT sector, I might be able to help!
I'm serious.
You can reach me at forthewebs@yahoo.com

OK, that apart, I find that lots of mothers who are at the brink of gearing up their careers have read my previous posts, to all of them i want to say that being a little patient 
and staying focussed in finding the right job, HELPS. 
Planning helps.
Starting somewhere helps.
Solving the bottlenecks one-by-one helps.
When everything seems right, you are ready. Then comes the waiting,
networking, ...... all of this helps. But the important thing is ....'don't give up!' 
My my, i sound like one of those 'self-help' guides, right?

mmmmm....... my next few posts are going to be about Tanya and her creativity at school.
It has been such a wonderful experience for her.
So stay tuned!

One thing i missed the most is my beloved blogging and all my fellow bloggies.
From now on, I am going to make it a point to browse from office ;) 
and then delete 'history' he heeee.... need tips from all the legends who've been doing this for quite some time!!










22 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger Deepali said...

Ah well can't help you about being sneaky in office hehe very very rarely have done it. If I blogged at office, I don't know what I would do at home hehe.

Anyway congratulationsssssssss :)

And since nearly everything has worked out really well, good luck on getting to office on time :)

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Sachin Garg said...

My love to Tanya.
Hope she kicks the guinea out of all those frangis at school.

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Reflections said...

Good to see u back. Very happy to hear about ur job. You r going to be really busy juggling everything unless ofcourse ur job is stress free(like mine is;-)).
Yeah i do all my blogging from office. I just delete History & cookies or whatever. Infact i'm gonna come back & see if anybody can offer better solutions:-P

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Cruel Intentions said...

eLLo Madmosielle!

Glad to have you back, and I was finally rewarded for checking out this blog for any Updates :P

I plan to take you up for that recruitment thing after October when I return from Brazil and Uruguay! Till den, Keep reading and I'll keep on coming back for more...

Psst .... why don you guys use proxy engines? or how about setting up a remote server at home so that you can log into your machine at home and use it as a redirect server to blog and open so many other sites restricted in general at office places. If I don make sense about this, Look me up at mah blog and I'll be happy to share more.

-Cruel

 
At 2:12 AM, Blogger Romila said...

Congrats! on the new job. Glad to know you'd it all worked out and you're doing the juggling bit with elan. Waiting to read Tanya's chronicles.

Sorry, I write, post, browse, and do everything @ office without the need to delete hostory/cookies, so can't give tips on this dept.

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger aMus said...

hey congrats on the job!!! you sound happy, and content...:)

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Romila said...

Hey Preethi, you've been tagged. Hop over to my blog. Hope you'll have time to do it.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger kyamaloom said...

Luck with the new job! :)

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

hey,.. read your blof after seeing your entires and am soo loving it... as a casablanca quote goes, i feel this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship hehehehe :)
Cant wait to read more about these things.. good luck!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Butterfly said...

Hey, good to c u back. Congratulations on your new job. Gets me into a lot of wishful thinking. But will keep your advice in mind as I carry on in the pursuit a job and making sure that my kid is well taken care of.
All the best. To me and you!

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger ceedy said...

good luck with the new job....y dont you carry an Iphone or laptop - so you can blog freely w/o worrying about history, geography or anything...:)

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger KP said...

good luck with new job....:).
i do the same...blog and delte the history.....:).
hows little tanya.....

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Compassion Unlimitted said...

Hi.. belated wishes &good luck in your new job..
TC
CU

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Arunima said...

I'll remember the mail ID. :-)

Congrats on the new job.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Lakshmi said...

congrats ..i love calvin and hobbes
lakshmi

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger Seemantini said...

update! update!

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Preethi said...

congrats!!!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger ceedy said...

I hope you are making millions...sincerely

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Sachin Garg said...

Eagerly waiting for your reply to my email.
:)

 
At 4:09 AM, Blogger Reflections said...

preethi, very busy huh. Not even a teeny weent post for more than a month now:-(

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Preethi said...

hey!!!! where are the posts?

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Preethi said...

Hi guys..... I hope i'm back!! I think the reason for me not having written a thing for so long is because i've not read anything in a long time. and why is that? no bl---y time. Not liking it one bit!! And it difficult to weave your mind to that mood of writing... loving it today :)

And no ceedy I'm not making millions ( got the sarcasm there!) infact pittance. actually i'm not sure why i'm going through this whole thing of a having a job etc.... anyway time for a new post .... here i come

 

Post a Comment

<< Home