Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What do you do?

There comes a time in a woman's or a man's or any body's life for that matter when you don't exactly know how to deal with a particular situation / emotion / feeling ........
I was recently touched by such a situation and I am ashamed to say that I scored an abysmal 0/100 :(

By now you guys would have guessed that I cannot say what the situation was but I can say what it did to me and would like to know what you guys do in a similar situation.

Edit: In a nut shell, someone said something to me and it hurt me badly and I couldn't yell back at this person for whatever reasons!

I was on an emotional roller coaster. I felt terrible, disappointed and hurt. The worst part was I didn't know what do about it. It really ate me up. I had to let this feeling take its course and die a natural death which I am proud to say it finally did. May it rest in peace never to get up!

I tried to keep myself engaged with a few activities that I enjoy but it really didn't help. I was aware of its presence and I lost a lot of time just sitting and brooding.

At one point I realized that I wasn't brooding so much over the situation itself but with the fact that after so many years I was still incapable of handling such things properly..... and it led to more brooding and by evening I was all hunched up and bunched up!

So here ends my story..... what a pathetic post! Well, I just thought I could put it up here either to hear people say it happens to me too or provide me with a magical solution if such a time comes to pass in the future..... (I'm hoping it would be option no :2)

PS: This in spite of the fact that I got my own 'Gucci' sunglasses from dear hubs for 'V' day :D :D :D Cheesy I know, but couldn't let it pass....... BTW if you guys are wondering, my particular situation had nothing to do with hubs.... he tried to cheer me up but i wouldn't budge! (did that just rhyme?! eeeks!)

12 Comments:

At 4:53 AM, Blogger Butterfly said...

Ok. That was definitely confusing.

If this is something from the past, you can bet that it will have the exact same feeling (like u felt) for most anybody. Especially if there has not been closure with regards to that feeling/person.

Eg: If I were to meet my ex with whom there was no closure as we parted ways, I would feel all knotted up. I still do if I think of him. But I do not know how to trace him and get that closure thing done with.

Any case, I hope u feel better. These things happen. :D

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Preethi said...

Oh no no no no. Nothing as complicated as that. I now realise how difficult it is to answer without knowing the question completely.... :) well, someone said something and it hurt me badly! very very simple.. and i took it to my heart so easily, it was frustrating.... However thanks for letting me know it happens! :D

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Asif said...

First time here…Dropped via Reflections.
I must admit that this particular post has a lot to do with me as well. I think this thing happens to most of the people who are sensitive at heart and who can’t yell back at people. Generally everyone around find me ever smiling but in fact there are situations in my life where I had to undergo everything what you have written here. Even I could not do anything except brooding over the issue. Moreover forgive and forget principle does not work here. Practically speaking we can forgive the other person but forgetting the issue is a bit tough for a sensitive person who gets hurt.
I think the best way is to avoid such people who have a potential to hurt others easily.

P.S. Well if you find any magical solution then do let me know...
This particular post is not a pathetic one but it is in fact a wonderful and useful one.
Keep posting….:)

 
At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Reflections said...

Hmmmm.....maybe if u just wrote it down word to word on a piece of paper and then burnt it.....maybe, just maybe u'll feel better....not completely but better than before.
U knw, sort of cleanse it out of ur system.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Cosmic Joy said...

I read, and reread the post, hoping to stumble across some clue of what it was that you are talking about ...

..the fact that after so many years I was still incapable of handling such things properly..

My guess would be that you are referring to the years spent in the US.

Alas, I have to answers to your question. We all have to find our own middle ground when it comes to such personal issues.

Good luck on yours :)

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Preethi said...

@ Asif: Thank you asif for having left a kind message and welcome here.... avoiding is actually a good solution, i will keep that in mind... it might work to some extent i suppose...

@ reflections: mmmm..... yes that will work too. Just writing it down will do the trick i think.... i will not burn the paper. There will be a fire truck here in minutes! :D In fact writing it here on the blog page brought it a kind of closure..... will keep that in mind..thanks!

@ Cosmic: Well, there was nothing hidden there actually but thanks for trying hard! :) It was just plain hurt... finding the middle ground! Don't know what that means :( i know what the words mean but in the end they are just words, where is the solution? - a concrete tip for overcoming such personal yet emotionally disturbing issues! After so many years is just so many years of having been a grown up! (i hope!)

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger sb said...

oh-ho... i myself am not gud with emotions... so cant help - sry... so, am goin with point 1 - oopsie ;) but man! nancy chechi had one suggestion out of the blue... wil ask for her advices in future -lol...

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Preethi said...

@sulo: point 1.... well ... point noted :)

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger BWB said...

My dear I have always told you this, never ever give your remote control to others. I know its tough but you will save a lotta trouble and heartache if you just hold on to your remote. But if you really wanna know how to do this right, well when you are all hunched up and bunched up, take a piece of paper write down everything that you wanna say to that person and don't give it to them, keep it then when your anger dissipates read it again. After that you will know what to do.
BTW why didn't you call me at that time? Dontcha know I operate a 24/7 shrink hotline lol. Be at peace my friend, hate to see you worked up.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Preethi said...

@ chandru: 'be at peace?' u sound like aragorn when he sets the pirates free!! LOL Well, yes i could've called you.... but it was so silly you know. I was a little disturbed at my own reaction for such a small thing! know wat i mean?

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Deepa Jose said...

Hi, me first time here...
Amazingly i happened to read your blog now just when I am feeling the same.. On a emotional roller cosater... But ur post made me handle it subtle..... And I am pretty much ok now.. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home