Monday, April 03, 2006

Selective amnesia...

I'll tell you what blogging has done to me.
My mind tends to shift back and forth from the past to the present,
the moment it is free from my everday chores.

And this weekend i gave it a rest by hunting for my old diaries.
The journals i had so religiously maintained.
There is some entry for almost everyday.
From 1996-2001.
Wow. It was a real treasure.
So many things have happened in my life!
It is hard to believe that for so young a person(he he heee)
these many things should've happened.
I wish i could share some of the funny stories.
Let me see.

Now coming to the title, i was just wondering
what is it about the past that is so charming?
Why do i always tend to marginalise the present
and sometimes even the future, when i think or talk about my past.
well, the answer was quite simple once i had figured it out... ;)
I tend to remember only the good from the past.
i know for sure that there were loads of miserable days
but i remember very little of them.
I forgot the exam days, detention days, major heart-break days ;) etc...

If it's college i see myself laughing and giggling with
the best of my pals.
( i never could make such friends ever you know.
All of them were real galvanic personalities)

well, having said that expect stories from my past
appearing here.

1 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger Seemantini said...

yes preethi... blog on...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home