Friday, December 07, 2007

Gods.... lend me your ears..

When i sat down to blog today, i was resolved to write something from 'me'.
Meaning no stories from anywhere. Just my thoughts and words.
But blew it when i clicked on BBC. It was such a funny story that i just couldn't let it pass.

This news report is from India. 
The deities of Ram and Hanuman have been summoned by a judge to appear in a court!
Yes. You read it right.
A judge has actually sent the Gods a court order to appear in court to settle a dispute
regarding the ownership of a 1.4 acre plot. The priest claims that the land belongs to him.
But this land houses the two temples. The Gods had to be involved in such a case!! 

Further when the Two didn't turn up with the first notice, the judge sent another one which reads
"You failed to appear in court despite notices by a peon and later through registered post. You are herby directed to appear before the court personally" !!!

Nobody escapes the Law. Nobody!

I don't know what will happen if they really showed up tomorrow! I'm going to follow up on that. 
Here is the link for the full story. Smile around :)

14 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Blogger Cosmic Joy said...

Now this is ironic!

I usually get my inspirations for a blog post by reading the bbc website. I read this story earlier today and it made me laugh :)

Later, I was just blog surfing and happened to read your comments in a blog where I had commented.

So I followed the link to your blog and check it out. And I found this post :)

Needless to say, I will be following your blog to get an update on this story!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Solitaire said...

This made my day!!
I laughed for the first time today.:)
Preethi, do you mind if I put up the link to your blogs on my page? Thanks for all your comments on my blogs!!!

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger ceedy said...

hehehe
what else we will have modern ramayana.....right there in the courts :)

made my day, now imagine god will be entangled in the indian judiciary system for years....we will have to seek a new GOD......

will wait to hear a follow up

have a great day

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Preethi said...

@ cosmic joy: Welcome to my haven:) You know i did a sincere follow up on that case but there seems to be no more news (sigh!) But me being an optimist, ain't gonna give up. so keep visiting ;)

@ solitaire: Literal divine intervention to make you happy ;) How cool is that! Please go ahead and add my link to your blog page and thank you.

@ceedy: Oh yes. Am sure somebody is going to make a movie on that. 'Doondo doondo re' somethin' like that! have a gr8 weekend :)

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Compassion Unlimitted said...

Law is simply a Jack Ass
lol
TC
CU

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Rick Rockhill said...

Interesting...I am fascinated by the news from India. All sorts of seemingly bizarre stories.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Preethi said...

@palm springs savant: Thanx for stopping by. Yes they are bizarre alright. If you want one more of it,
not from India am afraid. chk this out..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7135185.stm

@ CU: you think so... i thought the judge went ahead and took 'equality b4 law' to a new level ;)

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger divya said...

interesting..the one thing that made me smile today!!

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Whiterays said...

What a mockery of a judicial system we have here. I am not sure whether to laugh or cringe.

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger m.flowerr said...

ha....interesting!!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Preethi said...

@ divya: yeah. that was the idea.

@ swetha: tough gal aren't ya :)

@mf: yep.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Deepali said...

This is crazy - I have heard a lot of crazy things but I think this tops the list.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger KP said...

speechles! Wow i would like to see what happens! can god come to court? plz do give us an update on that!

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Romila said...

Made me smile:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home