Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Dinesh from upstairs...

Deceivingly obscure moment,
might suddenly gain importance
and turn so powerful
that it might end up changing
the whole course of one's life...

Dinesh from upstairs waiting in the hall
for my elder brother to join him for a game of cricket
asks me what i'm reading.
I say, 'zoology'.
He says 'lemme see the book'
i give it to him.
300 pages is it?
i say 'yeah' and botony is another 300.
(in a little prouder tone.)
He starts laughing
and
goes on and on and on...
finally i break it and ask him what was so funny?
and he says you know i've taken comp. science
and it has only 72 pages. 72 for the whole damn year.
you could finish it in an hour.
Instead you are in your 11th grade mugging up
nomenclatures! sad indeed.
i suddenly seem to realise that he is right.
At that precise moment by brother comes out and they both
leave for the game.

I could've been a doc.!!!, a reasearcher, a botonist
someone in bio-tech etc.....
But what did i do??
I went and changed my group the very next day.
And have loved every moment of my life from then on.

Gave up carrers after carrers when one of those
'Dinesh moments' appeared.
From teaching to journalism to advertising and publishing.
Simply because i was no longer afraid of change.

2 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Seemantini said...

change... the only constant!
and elusive time....floats u all over and for a moment u wonder......where have i been n where am i going?

hehehe....

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Preethi said...

"Almost anything you do will be insignificant, but it is important that you do it" - Gandhi

I believe all of the things that i do will take me precisely where i want to be ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home