Friday, March 05, 2010

How to make money?

Although I'm not crazy about self-help books, it does serve as a constant reminder that one has more to learn in this bad mad world.

But on second thoughts, is there? Really?

Lately I have been observing a few articles on Yahoo! and other popular websites. Let's just take the example of Yahoo! for this particular post.

The topics can be from 'How-to-save' to 'How to ask for a raise at work' to 'How to deal with boredom' to 'How to eat healthy ' to 'How to get a job' the list goes on. The topics are varied but the presentation is horrendously similar. And the content states the obvious! I mean really obvious!

Examples: How to get a job -
Suggestion by Yahoo!: Get a linkdin account, write a good resume with all the key words, Make a list of contacts you already know (duh!), send them your resume, float your resume on popular job sites (duh! duh! duh!) What the hell?

How to eat healthy-
Suggestions by Yahoo!: Eat green leafy vegetables, Drink at least 7-8 glasses of water per day, eat a handful of nuts, avoid fried stuff and lastly a 'surprise' bonus point which has nothing to do with eating..... EXERCISE!

If you had clicked on the Ad while you were at it, you just gave them some money for having wasted your time and testing your patience! Yahoo must really think readers are pretty dumb or maybe I am smart! (oooh.... i like that thought!)

Here is how you write an article which could generate MONEY people......so pay attention!!
A very catchy headline. A small introduction. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 dumb points with a follow me on twitter message right at the end. And yes, a small photo of the contributor at the beginning. Sort of gives an authentic look for a really crappy article.

Now comes the big question. Topics to choose.....

1. Have a list of popular search topics that goes on in popular search engines. (use a search engine to get this list! - Do i have to tell you everything??)
2. Select topics which require no prior knowledge or skill of the subject (much like this one!)
3. Or select topics which require very little research. (If you were smart you'll pick one from this post!)
4. Get a thumping headline (ok..... a little creativity is needed here I agree)
5. Now write it as if you know what you are talking about.(Bloggers! we rock at it donchathink)

No, I do not have a twitter account! :D

13 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Blogger Reflections said...

Ur title is eye-catching.....following ur own advice eh;-D

U got it bulls eye....we bloggers have perrrfected it to an art;-D

And oh I too dont have a twitter account;-o

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger rainboy said...

I do have an twitter account .
I guess being in tech field I have be like everywhere ...
*smiles*

take care

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Butterfly said...

I must be having some talent when it comes to googling. I almost always never get what I want out of it.

Besides, my terms are very clear : what I want to know, must be available in the first 10 results that it throws up!!! :D

Boo Hoo, I read the title and thought grand things. As I was waiting for ur page to open up, I thought that if a fellow blogger is suggesting something. it must be good! :D

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger sb said...

lol - this was one cute post... ;)

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger prabhu said...

go get a life you. stop blogging. that is so 2008. get a twitter account and start micro-blogging. ;) then you could do a creative 100 character tweet with a link (using tinyurl or bit.ly) to this blog post. that will look a lot more like 2010...!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Preethi said...

@ Reflections: Yup... we rock...toootttaalllyyy!

@rainboy: did you make money with your twitter account, if not does having an account boost your ego? Many many many followers?? If not you should consider ditching it!! ;D but then again i'm very poor at giving advice...:) welcome to my page

@butterfly: Me too... i don't remember ever to have gone beyond page 1 ....
he he heeee the title yeah...that's what yahoo does... a grand title with sub zero content... sorry ;D

@sulo badri: Cute??!! Really? That was not my intention.... I swear.. :P

@prabhu - The one who equates having a life to having a twitter account!! ;P LOL whether it's 2008 or 2010, 100 words or 100 characters - crap is just crap bro!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger sb said...

ok - how abt naughty ;)

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger rainboy said...

@ Preethi

Nopes ...Didn't help me make any money. I am there just to be in touch with few friends who tweet all the time .

take care...

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Cosmic Joy said...

I agree with you about the non value-added content on these big name sites such as Yahoo or MSN. These big boys do it on a grander scale .. but as Ceedy said, the typical individual blogger is no different.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Preethi said...

@ Cosmic: Oh! but there is a big difference.... for the same crap, one makes money and the other doesn't - Don't u agree? ..What did ceedy say, haven't seen him on my page in a long time.. maybe i will chk his posts...

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger BWB said...

Hey Gal, this is way too spooky for my taste, I was about to blog abt the same darn thing lol. I was surprised how we got da same kinda stories for a short film but now am really worried GET OUTTA MY HEAD WOMAN lol. Oh by the way I thought of a alternate ending to your piece.. "If you follow me I will report you for stalking" :)

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Preethi said...

@ Chandru aka vig!!: he he hee really? well, if you are yet to write a similar story then i can safely say, U R STALKING ME!!! :D As for the short film did you finish the shoot? Will call ya..

 
At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!


One of my friends sends me an email telling me that I can sell some of used clothing on http://www.BuySellDirect.net FREE service and make money at home, tell know I made over one thousand dollar, and it is time to tell you, why you should use Ebay to sell your things when you can use http://www.BuySellDirect.net free.


http://www.BuySellDirect.net is a FREE ebay to sell your products

 

Post a Comment

<< Home